Friday 7 September 2012

Investigations into Israel war crimes fail

Sometimes I come across something on the net that's just so blatantly wrong, I wonder what it must be like to live in a place like that, and I just can't be silent about it. It was a while ago now but I still remember being enraged at Israel for the massacre it was perpetuating on innocent people in Gaza. I was following a blog at the time from inside the Gaza strip, telling of the atrocities being done by Israel to civilians. And how incredulous I was that the American gov just stood by and let it happen. It disturbed me deeply the one sided reports from the Western mainstream media that seemingly had no interest in what was really going on, and it disturbed me deeply that Australia was implicated in this crime simply by being an Ally of America. It seems that nothing has come out of the investigations into these crimes (no surprises there).

One thing about having HIV here is the amount of assistance and kindness people in the community give you. It makes me very appreciative and conducive to a social conscience to get so much help from people for no other reason than they care about you. I can't fathom how a state backed by us could have such a callous disregard for human life and the suffering they inflict on so many fellow human beings. 

One of the most blatant crimes against International Law was the use of white phosphorous in populated areas. Here it is being used. The shells were American made. What would we say if the Syrian gov did the same thing now?


No comments:

Post a Comment