Sunday 30 September 2012

Happy Blasphemy Day!

Today it has arrived, Blasphemy Day. Oh it's like all my dreams have come true! 
Photobucket
I only found out about this wondrous international event recently, but now forever more Sept 30th will be a highlight in my calendar year. 

I'm almost bursting with excitement about what to do, so many things but so little time. Unfortunately I don't have a bible to burn (you know, that utterly dreadful 2,000 year old archaic anachronism that was supposed to be the pinnacle of human moral evolution). So I thought about just printing out the gay scriptures and burning them. There's not many, would fit on a page. Those ones that the fundies all like to use to put shit on me.

But then I thought instead of doing something first that's just going to enrage the religious, perhaps an intellectual post in regard to what has probably been the biggest load of bullshit ever to take hold in the minds of men; the assertion that Jesus actually existed. The evidence suggests otherwise.


Not to mention that this Jesus bloke has got magical powers and is in the sky or something, whereby people talk to him like the Mr magic man who's going to save them from whatever crisis they're presently in. Oh, and he's invisible so you can't see him. Or hear him either (unless of course you're like my neighbour and get alcohol psychosis and hear voices that way). But even though you can't see or hear him, you have to obey him. WTF?


Anyway, maybe a look at Horus first, an Egyptian god who was thousands of years before this Jesus guy. This is him here:


Strange looking fellow I must say. Horus is though an example of where the story of Jesus comes from. There's lots of sites on the net discussing this likelihood, not only of Horus but other pre-existing deities as well. But here for example is something to think about:

A List of the similarities between Horus and Jesus: 
  • Horus and the Father are one. Jesus says, "I and My Father are one. He that seeth Me, seeth Him that sent Me." 
  • Horus is the Father seen in the Son. Jesus claims to be the Son in whom the Father is revealed. 
  • Horus was the light of the world, the light that is represented by the symbolical eye, the sign of salvation. Jesus is made to declare that He is the light of the world. 
  • Horus was the way, the truth, the life by name and in person. Jesus is made to assert that he is the way, the truth, and the life. 
  • Horus was the plant, the shoot, the natzar. Jesus is made to say: "I am the true vine." 
  • Horus says: It is I who traverse the heaven; I go round the Sekhet-Arru (the Elysian Fields); Eternity has been assigned to me without end. Lo! I am heir of endless time and my attribute is eternity. Jesus says: " I am come down from Heaven. For this is the will of the Father that everyone who beholdeth the Son and believeth in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (He, too, claims to be lord of eternity.) 
  • Horus says: " I open the Tuat that I may drive away the darkness." Jesus says: " I am come a light unto the world." 
  • Horus says: I am equipped with thy words O Ra (the father in heaven) (ch.32) and repeat them to those who are deprived of breath. (ch.38). These were the words of the father in heaven. Jesus says: " The Father which sent me, he hath given me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak. Whatsoever I speak, therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. The word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me." more
I remember being amazed when I started looking into this, especially after being so involved with religion early on. Had heard absolutely nothing of this before.

And here's some of a very well put together thing about this whole topic. 
1) Jesus most likely never existed. 

a) There is no mention of him by any contemporary historian from the early years of the first millennium. Although the Romans were known to have kept detailed government records, his name does not appear in any surviving documents or inscriptions. Josephus, a Jewish historian writing around 94 AD (sixty plus years after Jesus’ supposed death) mentions him only in passing, and even for those passages there remain a number of legitimate doubts as to their authenticity. Tacitus, writing in 116 AD also mentions him only briefly – his probable source being secondhand descriptions from self-confessed Christians in Rome at the time. This proves nothing whatsoever about Jesus existing, no more than children believing in Santa Clause proves the existence of an elf-run toy factory at the North Pole. All it shows is that there existed credulous members of a new cult within the Roman world decades after the time period in question. 
Following Jesus’ death on the cross, the Bible relates how, for a three hour period, “there was darkness over all the land” and a massive earthquake shook Jerusalem, and then, in a crowning act of supernatural extravagance worthy of any good zombie flick, “the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.” (Matthew 27:45-53) One might think such amazing events would have drawn the attention of someone like Pliny the Elder, a Roman statesman and naturalist alive at the time, who spent his career scouring the Empire looking for unusual and inexplicable phenomena of which to write about, eventually losing his life while investigating the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. But alas, he spoke nary a word about Jesus. more
So there it is. I think of the above when I hear people crapping on about gays and all because their imaginary man in the sky (that you can't see or hear) reckons we're sinning. Actually, even if Jesus did exist, he said absolutely nothing about homosexuality. Zero. Zilch. Not one jot or tittle. 

Other than that, fuck man the guy would've lived 2,000 years ago if he did at all. Why the hell do people insist that today's modern secular societies should be influenced in any way at all by religious zealots from long ago. There is nothing morally superior about believing in fairy tales. Using those fairy tales to claim moral superiority is entirely absurd.

If people are so naive as to believe such things well then that's fine isn't it. We have freedom of religion and all, I don't care if people believe in the Great Spaghetti Monster and wear a colander on their head. Just don't expect me to, and don't use the Great Spaghetti Monster as a platform to claim I'm not as moral as them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment