Monday 17 September 2012

Clear footage Muslims instigated the violence

Pretty well 99% of sane Muslim organisations in the Australian community have wholeheartedly condemned, not only the violence but the extremism of the thugs who hijacked our CBD on the weekend. It seems our democracy and multiculturalism is far stronger than Middle East thuggery.

There are some however who assert the cops were to blame, such as this comment on a YouTube video by the up-loader:

the protest was peaceful, the police provoked everything like dogs that they are! protecting a corrupted government and infringing on the right for the people to voice their anger over a dissrespectful video viraled and supported by the media outlets!
here
Now it's clear I'm not a fan of the cops and have been extremely critical of their behaviour on more than one occasion on this blog. However, looking at this video, it shows the thugs clearly throwing the first punches.


The video is taken from a helicopter I think. No doubt this is the sort of thing the police will be looking at.


At least the mainstream of Muslims are apologising and angry about all this. That's more than can be said from the mainstream of Christianity when extremist Christians periodically come out with hate speak and contempt.

*As an after-thought to that, I should point out to the 300 thugs who were so aggrieved by their prophet being insulted, saying how offended they were about it. Perhaps I could point out the many times on this blog that I've pointed out how offensive some of the things to come out of Christianity have been to the gay community; the Australian Christian Lobby comparing the gay lifestyle as worse then smoking for example. We gays however haven't seen fit to take to the streets in violent protests over it. 

I also can never agree, as a secular person, that I'm not allowed to be critical of some holy figure. I'm critical all the time of Christianity, Jesus, and the whole general notion amongst all religions that there's a man in the sky watching us all. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to be critical of Mohammed as well. To me he's simply another religious figure that I don't believe in, and isn't deserving of any special praise. 

If Muslims can't accept that this is a secular society, with people who are completely non-religious such as I, then perhaps they should think of another country to live in. Australia is not a religious state.

No comments:

Post a Comment