Friday 28 September 2012

Housing form completed

Well, the form from hell is complete. Went and got it all finished yesterday at ACON. It has 33 pages altogether, most of them printed both sides. The bloke had to put it all in a big envelope.

The hard to answer questions we went through one by one. He was able to put into their language what I was trying to say. The form was still too rigid though, and will maybe take my daughter next week to lodge it (have an appt next Thursday). What the difficulty is, is that my daughter doesn't earn enough to pay tax (less than the new $18,000 tax free threshold) and with the cash from the childcare that she earns varying from week to week, it's very hard to prove how much (or little) she actually earns. So we're going to have to have a discussion about that as there wasn't any way to put that circumstance into the form.

The other thing is he was saying that it's likely they'll want to move me into their existing housing stock that they own rather than pay the private rent where I am. I'm a bit more open minded about it than before, but I'm really not sure if I want to move or not. Have been here for 5 years now and very settled. It's also right near everything with public transport and the kids my daughter looks after. I'd have to take a look at the places offered before I make a decision about that.

Was a funny part of it. One question was whether I'd accept a place in a high rise building. Thought about that for a minute and remembered a conversation with the psychologist a few months back, that I'd decided to change my suicide method to jumping off a tall building rather than having a hit of heroine. So I said I didn't think moving into a high rise was a very good idea. Poor guy looked a bit shocked. As he did when he read the psychologist report.

It was very hard going through some of the subject matter again too. I felt terrible going there on the bus, to the point of getting flashbacks to some of the painful episodes in the past. That happens sometimes, an image of an event and the pain surrounding it comes into my head from nowhere. I felt a bit upset after the meeting I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment