Saturday 8 September 2012

On borrowed time

Had the strangest feeling yesterday. After some thought I've decided it's most likely to do with nearly dying last year, and how people feel after going through such an experience. It's surprising to me though that this has manifested itself over 18 months later. Dunno WTF triggered it. It's a bit hard to describe. 

A very strong perception. An awareness. The threads that hold us all to life being so very fragile. Death can come in an instant. I was looking at my surroundings which felt insignificant. Like there was a much deeper reality that I couldn't see, but could feel.  I felt the fragility of life and the nearness of death. I felt incredibly peaceful.

After I came so close to death last year, I've said that it feels like I'm on borrowed time now. Experiences like the above make me wonder how much time is left. 

Have decided to make sure things are in order. Send a copy of my will to the executors. Put all my passwords for the internet in a sealed envelope I guess, so somebody can finish my online persona. One day this blog will end....

I don't fear death, haven't done for years. Especially when my perception of it is so peaceful. When the time comes it comes, I've got no regrets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment