Tuesday 22 August 2017

3 drag queens clobber gay bashers - Sydney, Oxford St :)


This is a serious but funny story which has been reported happening on Oxford St in Sydney, home of gay safe spaces, pubs and the like. Homophobe dickheads coming in to the street attacked a small gay guy after he left one of the gay pubs, dislocating his jaw. Perhaps as a result of the current hatred being spewed over the postal survey for marriage equality? But that's another story....

To the rescue however, and from the sounds of to the shock of the dickheads, came three "angels". Three drag queens intervened and saved the poor guy, making the point "...don't come to our street and expect us to just take it". Good on you sisters!


Again, gays come in all shapes and sizes across the entire human community. The stereotype of us being weakly girlie men is just that; a stereotype :)


You just have to read the whole story darlings, but I've picked out a few highlights:

“Those boys sh*t themselves, they weren’t ready for some drag queens on top of them”

 .....................................

“After the punch I was stunned but the next thing I knew Ivy went in and was scrapping with the guy who punched me. They’re in the middle of the road, cars swerving around them, tooting, and I saw the guy rip her wig off.

“They were bashing each other and she’s still wearing her high heels.”

 .................................

Ivy said she saw Mr Flinn get attacked and she wasn’t having it. “I said, ‘you want to pick on little guys, you’ll need to fight the big freak. I’m a man underneath all of this, so let’s go.”

Luke Waqa, who performs as Coco Jumbo, also piled in.

“A guy pushed Ivy so I picked him up and threw him into the gutter.

“I don’t think they knew what they were getting themselves into. I used to play rugby league. Plus I have an older brother,” Coco said.

“He tried to run away and I chased him into the oncoming traffic. I’m surprised my wig didn’t come off.”

.................................

Ivy said it was “disgusting” some people came to Oxford St to cause trouble. However, she said there had been very few incidents in her seven years on the scene and the community looked after its own.

“There are idiots everywhere but don’t come to our street and expect us to just take it.”

Coco said she had a simple message for the homophobes: “Don’t mess with gay people. Let alone two men dressed as women. Silly boys.” News.com 
After reading that, I wouldn't want to be Turnbull right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment