Wednesday 13 April 2016

David is still at the hospital

Have rung a couple of times now to let him know I did so. The psychologist at the hospital rang me soon after the second time. Said the wiz bang electronic medical records thing run by the mygov site wasn't working (how very Centrelink of it) and so I had to give a lot of background information about him over the phone.

I'd only just got up at 10am as I'd been awake most of the night. My heart was still pounding over it all, but seemed to settle down a bit after I took my pills. Said I'd go in this afternoon as see what's happening with him then.

He hasn't been looking after himself at all. Coughing so badly he's fainting for a few seconds. Was supposed to see a neurologist about it but hasn't followed it up. Hasn't seen his psychologist in I don't know how long. Add to that drinking copious quantities of wine with the neighbour and you have a disaster in the making. Periodic explosions out of nowhere. Over nothing.

Something's got to change. I don't deserve to be treated the way he did to me last night. He has to stop getting plastered all the time for a start. And sort out why there's this rage inside him. When it comes to the surface he can't control it and everyone around him cops it. Like bloody Jeckle and Hyde.

I did relate all of this to the psychologist of course. Also that I've got my fair share of mental health issues too, but the difference is I get it seen to. To me it would be selfish of me not to, and expect everyone around me to have to deal with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment