It wasn't the first time it had happened and Aarows had put alarms in the dispensers and I guess literally caught him in the act.
A man has been charged with filling a lube dispenser with hydrochloric acid at a gay and bisexual sex club in Sydney's west.Alarms in lube dispensers, WTF is the world coming to?
The 62-year-old man allegedly tampered with the dispenser fitted to the wall in a room at the Aarows club in Bridge Street, Rydalmere, on Saturday.
Items in the room had been fitted with sensor alarms because similar tampering had happened several times recently, police said.
"Police will allege an alarm sounded and security detained the man before police from Rosehill Local Area Command attended," police said.
Hydrochloric acid is a clear, pungent chemical that is corrosive to the eyes, skin, and mucous membrane. It can cause burns to the skin depending on how concentrated it is.
No serious injuries have been reported to police and a worker at Aarows declined to answer questions on Sunday.
The 62-year-old customer has been charged with administering poison intending to injure or cause distress or pain, entering a building with intent to commit an indictable offence, malicious damage and driving while suspended. Sydney Morning Herald